a creative approach
Join us for an amazing journey in advanced studies of yoga. Prana Flow is an energetic, creative, full-spectrum approach to embodying the flow of yoga cultivated by Shiva Rea. Students are empowered to experience prana – the universal source of breath, life-energy and conscious intelligence – as the navigating source of yoga practice and vital living. Practitioners learn classical and innovative approaches and the state of flow drawn from Krishnamacharya’s teachings, Tantra, Ayurveda, Bhakti, Somatics and Shiva’s teaching experience from the last fifteen years. You will be guided through the curriculum by Sonic Yoga Directors, Lauren Hanna and Johanna Aldrich. The primary modules will be led by Shiva Rea’s senior teachers including Twee Merrigan, Coral Brown, Maria Garre, and Simon Park, along with honorary guest teachers from fields including Ayurveda, Tantric Studies, Philosophy, Sanskrit Studies and many more.
About the Prana Flow Certification
This 300-hour add on program offers a unique modular training format. One main 22- hour module is offered per month on friday – sunday and condensed workshops throughout the month. This is a rolling enrollment program, with great flexibility. Enroll at any time and you have up to 2 years to complete your full training. Enroll now and complete the program in 10 months or take your time and extend it longer. Our 300-hour program combines with your current certification to reach the RYT 500-hour certification.
contact hour requirements
270 hours completed by attending our teacher training modules, practicums and assisting and observing our 500-hour certified teachers.
• 10 Required 3 day weekend Modules = 220 hours*
• 10 Two Hour Practicum Meetings = 20 hours.
• 18 Assisting Hours= 18 hours**
• 12 Observation Hours= 12 hours**
Total Contact : 270 hours
Non-Contact Hour Requirements:
• Take two Prana Flow classes per month
• Submit Eight Sacred Reading Projects
• Complete Embodiment Project
• Participate in Living Yoga Sadhana Project
• Complete personal Sva Dharma project
• Demonstrate teaching methodology and application via a 30-minute video/or live presentation
• Complete final take-home written exam
Minimum Non-contact: 30 hours
4 Required Modules
1. Embodying the Flow Part One and Two: Foundation to Teaching Prana Flow
2. Fluid Power: Wave Motion Within Yoga OR Riding the Vinyasa Wave
3. Mandala of Asana: Essential Tools for Teaching Flow and the Art of Hands on Assisting
4 Chakra Vinyasa: Liberating the Body Mandala Through Prana Flow
You can also complete any of Shiva Rea’s modules or modules with her Senior Staff and apply them towards your certification, for more information go to shivarea.com.
Fees & Payments:
Full Commitment Required, Administrative Fee = $799 due upon registration
Includes all of the following:
• 10 Monthly Prana Flow Practicum Workshops
• 10% discount on all modules
• 10% discount on all retail
+ 10% discount on all retreats
• 3 free months of membership at Sonic (while you are assisting).
• You will be eligible for a Special Teacher Trainee $75 monthly unlimited membership.
Modules & Workshops
• 22-hour Modules will vary in price but will average $400 per module.
• Additional Workshops will be priced individually.
• Please refer to calendar for date and pricing.
* You must take a total of 8 modules or 176 hours at Sonic Yoga.
** All Practicum, Assisting and Observation hours must be taken at Sonic Yoga.
Teacher Training Specials
Teacher Training Open House: All Your Questions Answered by A Sonic Director
Please RSVP to email@example.com
Click Here for Open House Info!
“In the city there are so many studios now offering a full 200 and 500 hr training… more »
“This was one of the best month’s of my life. The teachers were so welcoming… more »
“Sonic is not just home to me. It’s my sanctuary. When I met johanna for the first… more »